What makes the Square Perfect muslin so special? Square Perfect only supplies the highest quality portrait backgrounds. We believe the underlying fabric is the most important part of top quality background muslin. We have searched the world over and partnered with a factory which utilizes the best cotton fabric available: it is heavy and durable. Every Muslin we sell is completely seamless and designed with the photographer in mind. The seamless and anti-wrinkle characteristics of our muslin material make this the ultimate muslin available.
- Stand and accessories not included
- 100% cotton to absorb the light and help eliminate reflection. Our Grade A cotton and fine weaving ensures a seamless matte background that is free of texture and grain
- 4" rod pocket at one end allow for easy setup - no more confusion about which side is top. Beware of cheap alternatives that need to be attached with clamps or counterweights - this product is directly threaded to the cross bar
- Dyed with the best quality dye. Our high quality dyes reduce the color deviation across the fabric surface - the color will not fade or wear with correct use and storage
- Machine washable
- Crimped along the edges to prevent tears
- Allow for 5-8% manufacturing shrinkage
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Muslin is by far the most versatile material for portrait backgrounds. It is light enough not to be a hassle, yet durable enough to last and get the job done right! We have found muslin to be by far the most versatile material for photography backdrops. It is great for all types of photography: family, children, high school seniors, bridals, models, or even commercial work. They can be hung on a background stand or on a ceiling mount system. In addition, they can be hung using "A" clamps.
As you know, there are a million choices and just about as many sellers touting their backdrops as the best. One thing to note is the list of possible fabrics offered and the advantages and disadvantages of each. 100% Cotton is more durable than the 50/50 blend of Cotton and Polyester. It is softer to the touch and, in my opinion, photographs better than the 50/50 blend of cotton and polyester. Cotton is time tested and has always been the fabric of choice for professional photographers. It is slightly more expensive, but it offers more durability and performance than the cheap imposters. We have heard our competitor?s claims that their poly blends are superior to 100% cotton?this is simply not true.
Please note, our backdrops are shipped folded. We recommend ironing, steaming, or spray-starching the backdrop if you would like to achieve the seamless look of paper, though the backdrop may be used for draping as is.
PLEASE NOTE: I personally have one of these and find it invaluable for portraits. . .I have been doing my own family photos for several years! Again, please don't settle for the cheap imports. These are the real deal.